Thursday, February 6th saw 700 lots go under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported that a smaller sale of cattle met with an excellent selling trade. “Lots of confidence being shown from a large selection of buyers.”
- 600kgs+ – €1.65-€2.36/kg or €1,010-€1,640/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.60-€2.53/kg or €850-€1,400/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.70-€2.42/kg or €710-€1,170/head;
- <400kgs – €1.60-€2.85/kg or €360-€1,055/head.
- Beef-types – €1.90-€2.30/kg or €1,080-€1,390/head;
- Forward-stores – €2.00-€2.36/kg or €880-€1,055/head;
- Light stores – €1.80-€3.33/kg or €500-€1,075/head.
- Friesians – €1.10-€1.50/kg;
- Continentals – €1.20-€1.85/kg.