Jordan Auctioneers & Leinster Marts achieved what they described as “superb prices” at auction for 220-acres of agricultural land in South Kildare.
The joint selling agents offering the lands (the estate of John Anderson deceased) for sale in six separate lots at a public auction at Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge on Thursday, July 21st, 2022.
Before an attendance of over 70 people, the property reached a combined value of €4,018,000, which equates to €18,263/acre.
Kildare land at auction
According to Jordan Auctioneers’ Clive Kavanagh, this area in south Kildare has always been “renowned” for high land prices.
He says it has always been one of the strongest markets for land sales, which, he adds, is due to a combination of factors, including “the general quality of the land and the extensive farmer base”.
“An executor sale, there was active bidding for all from the outset,” he said following the auction.
- 1:c.43 acres with yard, Ardree, Athy: €870,000;
- 2:c.12.5 acres, Ardree, Athy: €288,000;
- 3: c.18 acres, Grangemellon, Athy: €428,000;
- 4:c.42 acres, Grangemellon, Athy: €722,000;
- 5:c.13 acres, Grangemellon, Athy: €70,000;
- 6:c.91 acres, Inchaquire, Ballitore: €1,640,000.
Speaking following the auction, Kavanagh added:
“Interest levels from the outset were really strong, and they knew that the various lots would likely achieve a top price as it is not often land comes for sale in the immediate area’.
That’s Farming understands that most of the purchasers were local livestock and tillage farmers.
Other property news on That’s Farming:
Meanwhile, the original ‘home/birthplace’ of the Aberdeen Angus breed, Tillyfour, has just hit the market with an €8.2m price tag.
Savills is handling the sale of what it has described as an “exceptionally attractive” arable and livestock enterprise, extending to 1,086-acres in Alford, Aberdeenshire, in Scotland.
The property, available for sale as a whole or in two lots, contains a wide-ranging portfolio with Tillyfour House, Cairnhill Farmhouse, six additional properties and an “extensive” range of farm buildings.
- Lot 1: Tillyfour Farm, including Tillyfour House, Glentough Cottage, five cottages, farm steading and land extending to 735-acres – £4.8m;
- Lot 2: Cairnhill Farm, including Cairnhill Farmhouse, two cottages and land extending to 350-acres – £2.2m.
Additional land, extending to approximately 280-acres, may be available to lease by separate negotiation.
Read more on this article.