The FCI has published its charges guide for 2022, which contains rates for forestry contracting services.
The body is “satisfied” that this averaged price guide continues to provide “fair and reasonable” guidance for farm and forestry contractors and their clients.
However, it stressed that one must remember this is only a guide.
FCI produces these guide figures on an annual basis. It collates an average figure for each operation from a panel of members across Ireland.
Because of the local differences, the actual guide charge may vary between:
- Across soil types;
- Distance travelled;
- Size of contract undertaken;
- Size and type of equipment;
- Scale of work.
It has based prices on green diesel at 75c/L. The body stressed that the “guide charges do not reflect this market trend and such agreements may make a significant difference to contracting charges”.
It has provided prices as a guide only, plus VAT at 13.5% and per area or per hour and include operator, unless otherwise stated.
FCI confirmed that it is aware that many contractors make individual arrangements with clients regarding diesel.
Overall, the body warned that farmers across Ireland would see an average minimum 5% increase in agricultural contracting service charges in 2022.
It has provided the following guide charge rates for forestry contracting services:
- Forwarded small – €85-€105/hour;
- Forwarded large – €115-€126/hour;
- Small timber harvester – €125-€135/hour;
- Large timber harvester – €135-€155/hour.
Silage and willow harvesting rates:
It has provided the following guide charge rates for silage and willow harvesting rates.
- Mowing – conditioner – €24-26/ac;
- Raking/tedding/rowing – €12-12.50/ac;
- Precision chop grass silage – complete job (in pit) – €140/ac (extra for long draw);
- Maize silage – complete job (in pit) – €180/ac (extra for long draw);
- Wagon silage – complete job (into the pit) – €130/ac (extra for long draw);
- Whole crop silage – complete job (into the pit) – €145/ac (extra for long draw);
- Zero-grazing: €70-73/load (will vary with capacity and distance);
- Willow harvesting complete job – €215/ac (extra for long draw);
- Topping grassland – €20-25/ac or €55/hour.
The FCI has provided guide charge rates for mowing, baling, wrapping, stacking, and transporting silage bales.