Tipperary-based farm management software company, Herdwatch, has launched its all-new sheep management app, ‘Flockwatch by Herdwatch’.
Herdwatch has invested over €500,000+ in its Flockwatch service, which it claims, will “help farmers turn their data into profit”.
Flockwatch by Herdwatch
Herdwatch claims that Flockwatch will allow sheep farmers to:
- Manage flock performance to sell more lambs;
- Manage the flock individually or in groups;
- Record lambing and track ewe performance;
- Lameness management to track repeat offenders;
- Weight recording to track average daily gains (no need to purchase a new weigh-head);
- Feed & medicine reports for farm compliance;
- Connect an EID reader to scan ear tags to view an animal’s history or add records easily;
- Pre-audit checks to help with farm assurance;
- Picture records to add animal images and keep copies of receipts;
- Breeding performance to breed from your best ewes;
- Flock register for farm compliance – births, tagging, movements & deaths.
CEO & Co-founder, Fabien Peyaud, explained:
“When we launched Herdwatch, we set out to help farmers reduce the overwhelming amount of paperwork required for farm compliance.”
“Since then, Herdwatch has evolved into an app that is as much about monitoring herd performance as it is about compliance.”
“Our existing members find it very useful to make better and faster on-farm decisions.”
He said that Flockwatch will “do the same thing” for sheep farmers by allowing them to track flock performance and health individually or in groups in one simple to use app.
He said it “really shows” the firm’s “direction of travel”, by taking “the best” of what it has learned from working with cattle farmers and applying those learnings to different farm enterprises.
“Our company mission is very simple; we are laser-focused on the digitalisation of farming for the benefit of farmers to make their businesses more sustainable and profitable where”
“Flockwatch is another example of how we will deliver on this mission.”
“Up to this point anyone who wanted to manage their flock had had very little to choose from, with most relying on pen and paper, and the famous biscuit tin.”
“With Flockwatch, sheep farmers now have an app at their fingertips which will allow rapid capture of lambing, breeding, weighing, medicines records and more.”
“The Flockwatch app will highlight the best and worst-performing ewes to make better decisions for the following season,” Peyaud concluded.
Download the app
Farmers can download the Herdwatch + Flockwatch app for free.
Other articles on That’s Farming: