Thursday, March 3rd saw some 560 calves pass through the ring at Kilkenny Mart, according to George Candler.
He noted that Friesian bulls met with a firmer trade, as shippers showed more interest due to the resumption of live exports, following the recent adverse weather conditions.
“Farmer buyers very anxious to secure continental calves.” Candler said.
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls – €60-€160/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls – €10-€50/head;
- Continental bulls – €170-€435/head;
- Continental heifers – €130-€400/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford bulls – €100-€270/head;
- Aberdeen-Angus/Hereford heifers – €60-€240/head.