FBD Insurance has committed to supporting their farm customers through the current challenges they face with the Covid-19 pandemic.
In doing so, they have launched a new initiative to financially assist their farm customers affected by a Covid-19 diagnosis.
Should a farmer get a positive diagnosis of the coronavirus, FBD will be given a Farm Relief Service (FRS) voucher of €500 to assist in the continuation of operations on the farm during this period. The receiving of the vouchers is subject to terms & conditions (listed below).
An FBD spokesperson stated: “At FBD Insurance, we understand the consequences for our farm customers directly affected by COVID-19. We are proud to announce a new initiative, supported by FRS Farm Relief Services and the Irish Farmers’ Association, to assist our farm customers during this challenging period.”
FBD branches are closed for drop-in visits, therefore any customer who contracts the virus should contact their local branch by phone or alternatively, visit fbd.ie or email [email protected].
Terms & Conditions of financial support
- The farmer must be medically certified with COVID-19 and unable to work;
- The farmer must be a current FBD Farm Policy Holder;
- Validation of the test result (email or photo of result) must be provided. FBD Insurance reserve the right to request additional information to validate voucher payment;
- The farmer must obtain the services of FRS to complete farm duties for a minimum duration of one week;
- FBD will remit the payment of the voucher amount directly to FRS. The farmer will pay any balance to FRS directly;
- Only one voucher is available per farm business;
- Application approved by FBD insurance in advance of service;
- Fund amount of €200,000 will not be exceeded;
- Apply to FBD by contacting us by phone, call 01 7617 617 or any of our 34 local branches, email [email protected] with your farm policy details or visit fbd.ie.