A larger entry went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, February 20th, according to Ann Harkin.
“Cattle remained a great trade this week, with plenty of farmers, agents and feedlot buyers around the ringside.”
“Top-quality cattle are in great demand with buyers to purchase these on a weekly basis. All stock sold to a packed house throughout the sale. Quality stock in great demand.”
- Bulls made from €2.00-€2.70/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €2.00-€2.60/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.00-€2.80/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600-€1,080 over;
- Beef bullocks – €625-€915 over;
- Stock bullocks – €405-€865 over;
- Beef heifers – €500-€905 over;
- Store heifers – €350-€690 over;
- Dry cows – €600-€1,810.