Recycling silage wrap: IFFPG bring centres
The Irish Farm Film Producers Group CLG (IFFPG) has released details of its May 2023 silage wrap recycling bring centres.
According to the group, you can recycle silage wrap/film for €35 per ½ tonne once you provide a label code and proof of your purchase (sales docket/invoice).
- Mitchelstown Mart – Monday, May 15th and Tuesday, May 16th, 2023;
- Castletownroche Car Boot Sale Yard – Monday, May 22nd, 2023;
- Castlelyons Tirlan – Wednesday, May 24th, and Thursday, May 25th, 2023.
- Manorhamilton Mart – Tuesday, May 30th from 9 am to 1-pm;
- Drumshambo Mart – Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
- Kilmallock Mart – Friday, May 19th, 2023 and Saturday, May 20th, 2023;
- Ballina – Mayo Sligo Livestock Mart – Wednesday, May 24th, 2023.
- Easkey, Flannery Yard’s, Finod – Thursday, May 25th, 2023 – 9 am to 1 pm;
- Skreen, Eamonn Bourke Stairs LTD – Thursday, May 25th, 2023 – 3 pm to 5 pm;
- Drumcliffe, Seamus Water’s Farm, Castletown – Friday, May 26th, 2023 – 9 am to 2 pm.
- Kinsalebeg, James Leahy Quarry, Gilstinane – Friday, May 26th, 2023;
- Gaultier Tirlan – Monday, May 29th, 2023 – 9 am to 4:30 pm;
- Newtown, Walsh’s Yard (Beside Newtown Ballydurn GAA) – Tuesday, May 30th, 2023;
- Dungarvan Mart – Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Note: Information subject to change. Correct at the time of publication.
The Irish Farm Film Producer’s Group (IFFPG) is the national farm plastics recycling scheme, funded primarily through a recycling levy which is charged to companies who place farm plastics products on the market, as well as a weight-based collection charge to farmers.
It collects the majority of farm plastics waste at bring-centres (over 200 each year), which are one-to-two-day collection events that are held at locations such as marts and coops, and also collects waste at the farmyard.
Since its establishment, IFFPG has collected in excess of 440,000 tonnes of farm plastics waste for recycling, with Irish recyclers supported where possible.
It is currently collecting in the region of 37,000 tonnes of waste each year and consistently exceeding the 70% national recycling target.
Irish farmers recycled plastic from the equivalent of 18m silage bales in 2022 and, in doing so, achieved a remarkable 88% recycling rate.
The vast majority of the plastic was collected from farmers at over 200 bring-centres, which the IFFPG held throughout the summer at locations such as livestock marts, co-ops and agri-merchants.
As almost half of the plastic collected was processed at domestic recycling facilities.
A total of 37,000 tonnes of silage wrap and silage pit covers were recycled in 2022, which represented an 88% recycling rate.