Farm Fayre is a new platform making online cattle sales “more convenient, secure and transparent”.
The independent, trusted haulier network, a key part of the offering, takes care of collection directly from a seller’s farmyard and delivery to a buyer’s premises.
Kevin O’Connor, Farm Fayre’s founder, said: “We felt there was a lot of room to make the process much easier, more secure and transparent.”
“Farm Fayre’s metrics for success are easily measured. The buyer gets the cattle they were offered, and the seller gets paid!”
“Many farmers have been hesitant to get started trading online because of concerns about scams and the hassle of travelling to collect cattle that were nothing like their listing.”
“We have designed a solution that is clear and intuitive, enabling all members to access the world of online cattle sales.”
Furthermore, Farm Fayre uses an independent third party payment provider, Trustap (another Irish company), to ensure that members funds (and seller’s cattle) are protected from start to finish.
The platform includes a rating and review system which ensures that the honest members receive a price premium over time and “that bad actors have nowhere to hide”.
How does Farm Fayre work?
- Firstly, sellers list their cattle, filling in the important details buyers need to know (including reserve price). There is no risk in listing. If the seller’s cattle fail to meet the reserve price, the cattle never leave their field. Then, there is no charge for listing.
- Secondly, buyers have ample time to peruse each lot, make observations, and ask questions of the seller if necessary.
- Each lot has a sale close time, at which point the highest bidder is the winner subject to the reserve price being met.
- The winning bidder transfers funds to Trustap. Their money sits here until they receive their cattle and are 100% satisfied. “There is no risk to buyers as they do not pay a penny if the cattle delivered are not as listed.”
- The Trusted Haulier Network collects the cattle straight from the seller’s farmyard and delivers them to the buyer’s farmyard, weighing the cattle en-route.
- Finally, 24 hours after the buyer receives the cattle, with everyone satisfied, the money is automatically released to the seller.
- “Simple really: trading for the 21st-century farmer with security and transparency built in. Farm Fayre has reimagined the Old Market Fayre into a new and dynamic online sales environment delivering straightforward results.
You can find more information here.