Some 1,050 entries were offered for sale at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday (October 23rd), according to George Candler.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart’s auctioneer said: “Our online-only cattle sale produced excellent returns for forward store and beef-type bullocks, especially continental types.”
“Lighter stores were more difficult to sell due to the fact that farmers in this section are not as proficient at bidding online. The heifer trade was not buoyant, except for top-quality types.”
- 600kgs – €1.70-€2.45/kg or €1,150-€1,600/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.50-€2.41/kg or €800-€1,420/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.40-€2.40/kg or €520-€1,140/head;
- <400kgs – €1.35-€2.21/kg or €510-€815/head.
- Friesians – €0.80-€1.45/kg;
- Continentals – €1.10-€1.80/kg.
- Beef-types – €1.85-€2.30/kg or €1,050-€1,250/head;
- Forward stores – €1.80-€2.60/kg or €850-€1,130/head;
- Light stores – €1.60-€2.83/kg or €480-€980/head.