Ennis Mart report – sheep prices – 24-05-2021
According to a spokesperson, a larger entry consists of over 600 sheep went under the hammer at Ennis Mart on Monday, May 24th, 2021.
They reported a “cracking trade” for lambs and cull ewes.
“A very large sale, with over 600 sheep on offer, which would represent a doubling of the size of sale as normal at this time of year.”
“Cull ewes a cracking trade and made to €181. Ewes with lambs at foot made to €346 and that being for 3 ewes and 5 lambs. A small entry of hoggets made to €175,” the spokesperson added.
Ennis Mart 24-05-2021
- 4 @ 48kgs – €185 – €3.85/kg;
- 14 @ 46.5kgs – €170 – €3.65/kg;
- 12 @ 49kgs – €169 – €3.45/kg;
- 6 @ 48kgs – €166 – €3.45/kg;
- 7 @ 58kgs – €178 – €3.07/kg;
- 7 @ 47kgs – €176 – €3.74/kg;
- 6 @ 53kgs – €168 – €3.17/kg.
Ennis Mart report – cattle prices – 18-05-2021
A spokesperson reported that ringside and online activity generated a “strong trade” in the calf ring. They reported that the majority of calves on offer were continentals, with a top call of €645.
“Bull trade strong also with quite a few autumn-born weanlings again. Again, the quality heifers a very fine trade and a few farmers about for a breeding heifer.”
“A handful of Friesian yearling heifers made from €660 to €850. Suckler pairs made to €2,560. Overall, trade very similar to last week in all rings,” the spokesperson added.
- Address: Ennis weanlings & sheep Mart Quin Rd, Bunnow, Ennis, Co. Clare
- County: Clare – Town: Ennis
- Phone: (065) 682-4411
- Email: [email protected]
Upcoming sales at Ennis Mart:
- Every Tuesday: Weanlings, dairy & suckler stock, runners, calves, sheep bull weanlings @11am. Heifer weanlings @ 12:30 and calf sale @10.30
- Every Thursday: Heifers, dry cows & aged bulls.
- Every Friday: Bullock sale.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming, click here