Thursday, March 5th saw some 900 lots go under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer explained there was an excellent selection of quality animals on offer which met a very good trade.
“A sign of spring about the trade with lots of customers endeavouring to secure the selection of quality animals on offer. Cull cows still meeting a solid trade.” Candler said.
- 600kg+ – €1.70-€2.30/kg or €1,000-€1,670;
- 500-600kg – €1.70-€2.55/kg or €950-€1,370/head;
- 400-500kg – €1.70-€2.70/kg or €710-€1,190/head;
- <400kgs – €1.60-€2.85/kg or €500-€1,100/head.
- Beef-types – €1.90-€2.30/kg or €980-€1,350/head;
- Forward stores – €1.80-€2.50/kg or €780-€1,180/head;
- Light stores – €1.80-€2.85/kg or €520-€890/head.
- Friesians – €0.80-€1.60/kg;
- Continentals – €1.25-€2.15/kg.