The Government has agreed a move to level 5 for a six-week period.
A cabinet meeting to assess the NPHET recommendation took place earlier this afternoon (Monday, October 19th).
Taoiseach Micheál Martin, Tánaiste, Leo Varadkar, and Eamon Ryan, Green Party leader, met with chief medical officer, Tony Holohan yesterday (Sunday, October 18th).
- Stay at home, except to exercise within 5 kilometres radius of your home;
- No social or family gatherings in gardens but visits on compassionate grounds and caring purposes can continue;
- Schools and crèches to remain open;
- Construction work to continue;
- New supports in mental health to be rolled out;
- Up to 25 guests can attend a wedding ceremony and reception;
- Restaurants/cafés/bars permitted to provide takeaway services only;
- Gyms/leisure centres/swimming pools to close;
- Only essential retail outlets to remain open;
- Non-essential retail outlet to close; All mart sales will move to online.
A full list of measures will be published on www.gov.ie
Mart sales will move to online-only under level 5 restrictions, the Minister for Agriculture, Food, and the Marine has confirmed tonight – More information can be found here.
More to follow…