Quinn Property has for sale what it describes as a “charming old-world country style cottage” in a most scenic area on a circa 1.2 acre-mature site for sale in County Wicklow.
This cottage is in a “popular and sought-after” rural area in the heart of County Wicklow, in Preban, Aughrim.
With a guide price of €185,000, the property is 6km from two attractive local villages, namely Aughrim and Tinahely.
According to the selling agent, Aughrim has a good range of shops, services, and amenities as well as primary school.
Meanwhile, Tinahely is a “small, picturesque town” that also has a good selection of amenities, including schools, churches, shops, restaurants, pubs, along with an array of outdoor activities with equestrian and agricultural interests predominant in the area.
Besides, the property is less than an hour’s drive from South County Dublin.
“This charming property is the perfect ‘hideaway’ and an ideal family home.” the selling agent commented.
Dating back to the mid-1800s, the house initially comprised of two semi-detached cottages built by the Earls of Fitzwilliam.
These were subsequently integrated as one, with the present owner having upgraded and extended the property over the past number of years.
“The cottage retains many original features and oozes charm and character. Nestled in a mature and tranquil setting, it boasts a large garden with trees and water feature and enjoys stunning views of the surrounding rolling countryside.”
“The site itself is divided equally by a hardcore laneway with the cottage on circa 0.6-acres on the left-hand side and a workshop, with huge potential for a variety of uses, e.g. office, art studio, etc.) on c. 0.6-acres on the right-hand side, both with good road frontage.”
Accommodation is as follows:
- Side porch: 2.0m x 1.1m tiled floor
- Sitting room: 3.9m x 4.3m timber floor, beamed ceiling, solid fuel stove
- Living room/dining: 5.5m x 4.0m timber floor, solid fuel stove, sliding door to patio area
- Kitchen: 3.5m x 3.0m laminate flooring, fitted units at waist and eye level, gas cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher, tiled splashback, back door to rear
- Inner hall: 2.7m x 2.0m carpet, washing machine, hot press/storage press
- Shower room: 2.7m x 1.9m fully tiled, w.c., w.h.b., electric shower
- Second bedroom: 2.8m x 2.7m carpet
- First bedroom: 4.2m x 3.0m carpet, gas fire, conservatory off this room
- Conservatory: 3.5m x 2.0m tiled floor, also accessed by front door
- Third bedroom: 4.0m x 3.5m carpet
- Fourth bedroom: 4.0m x 3.5m carpet
- Garage: 4.2m x 2.6m
- Workshop 10.0m x 3.0m large workshop, suitable for several uses, e.g., office, art/craft studio
Services and features:
- Oil-fired central heating
- Private well
- Septic tank
- The property extends to 132.61 m²
- Built: 1919
- The site extends to circa 1.2-acres in total
- Rating: F
- BER No. 112515556
- Energy Performance Indicator: 430.02 kWh/m²/yr
Photos of the cottage for sale in Wicklow:
Other properties for sale
You can – find more listings including houses, land, and farms for sale – by clicking here.