New to the market at €169,000, is Alder Cottage, Derora, Churchill, County Donegal, which DNG Boyce Gallagher is handling the sale of.
According to the selling agent, the cottage has “been lovingly restored to capture the charm of living in bygone days where tradition has been carefully balanced with modern living convenience”.
The two-bed holding is set amid the gentle rolling hills on a private site circa 0.5-acres near the village of Churchill. Furthermore, is ideally located close to Gartan Lake, Glenveagh National Park and 10km from Letterkenny Town.
Alder cottage has a log burning stove in the vaulted main living area, two en -suite bedrooms and a wood decked outdoor area with access from one of the bedrooms via French doors and a separate utility/laundry room.
The selling agent claimed that it provides the “homely atmosphere of a traditional Irish cottage in The Hills of Donegal”.
Accommodation – cottage for sale in Donegal
- Open plan kitchen/ living room: 4.38m x 5.09m
- Traditional wooden half door entrance. Slate tiling to the floor. Large solid fuel stove with original raised hearth. Belfast sink with brass kitchen tap. Oven with overhead extractor fan. Dishwasher. Low-level kitchen units. TV Point. Sash windows. Vaulted panel ceiling with recessed spotlighting. Radiator. Smoke alarm.
- Bedroom 1: 2.94m x 3.67m: Laminate flooring. Radiator. Built-in wardrobe. Attic access. Double doors to decking area to front. TV Point. Radiator.
- Ensuite: 0.9m x 2.96m. Tiled flooring. White hb, wc and shower with tiled surround.
- Bedroom 2: 3.58m x 4.35m: Laminate flooring. TV Point. Radiator. Vaulted panel ceiling with recessed spotlighting.
- Ensuite: 2.28m x 2.1m: Fully tiled walls and flooring. Bath with overhead electric shower. WC, WHB.
- Utility: 2.32m x 2.46m: Plumbed for washing machine and dryer. Belfast sink. Smoke alarm. Attic access. Lino flooring.
Features listed by the selling agent:
- Located only 10km from Letterkenny;
- Charming yet, functional interior;
- Restored traditional Irish cottage approximately 150-years-old.
- Private enclosed site circa 0.5-acres.
- Excellent potential for rental income for short-term letting/ Airbnb;
- Views of the rolling countryside;
- Traditional style sash windows and wooden half door.
- Within proximity to Glenveagh Castle and National Park Gartan Lake
- Outdoor Adventure Centre, Glebe Gallery Errigal Mountain.
[Video of cottage for sale in Donegal]
For more information, please contact the selling agents on: 074 9168608.
Alternatively, you can view other properties for sale, by clicking here.