Toyota has taken the wraps off its next Corolla Cross Hybrid, which “adds a healthy helping of performance and efficiency to an already incredible package”.
According to the motor manufacturer, its first-ever Corolla SUV boasts increased power and fuel economy, along with newly added features.
Available exclusively with all-wheel drive (AWD), the Corolla Cross Hybrid maximises the “inherent” potential of the high-strength TNGA-C platform.
This, it says, enables the all-new model to achieve “high-quality” performance, a “comfortable” ride and “outstanding” spaciousness.
Moreover, it says, the “surprising” cargo capacity gives it the “versatility to accommodate life’s adventures”.
- Exclusive All-Wheel Drive System with 194 horsepower, an 8.0 second 0-60 time and manufacturer-estimated 37 combined MPG for all grades;
- New Toyota Multimedia System, Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and added USB-C charge ports;
- Connected Service Drive Connect: Drivers and passengers have access to Intelligent Assistant, Cloud Navigation and Destination Assist;
- AT&T hotspot: Wi-Fi Connect subscription offering 4G connectivity for up to five devices. HD Radio®, USB data and a SiriusXM® Platinum Plan 3-month trial subscription. Also new integrated streaming feature;
- Toyota Safety Sense 3.0, Toyota’s suite of active safety systems, including enhancements made possible by system sensors with improved detection capability;
- The Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection can detect motorcyclists in certain conditions;
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Lane Tracing Assist;
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC). Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to notify the driver via audible and visual alerts and a slight steering force if it senses the vehicle is leaving the lane without engaging a turn signal. When DRCC is set and engaged, Lane Tracing Assist uses visible lane markers or a preceding vehicle to help keep the vehicle centered in its lane.
- Automatic High Beams;
- Road Sign Assist: Recognise certain road sign information using a forward-facing camera and display them on the multi-information display (MID);
- Toyota’s Rear Seat Reminder: Can note whether a rear door was opened within 10 minutes of the vehicle being turned on or at any time after the vehicle has been turned on;
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM): Helps detect and warn you of vehicles approaching or positioned in the adjacent lanes and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA). Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) also comes standard;
- ToyotaCare: A plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance for two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first, and two years of Roadside Assistance, unlimited mileage;
- 6-month/36,000-mile basic new-vehicle warranty;
- Additional 60-month warranties cover the powertrain for 60,000 miles and against perforation from corrosion for 60 months with no mileage limitation.
- Hybrid-related components that require repairs needed to correct defects in materials or workmanship are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first from the original date of first use when sold as new;
- The hybrid battery is covered for 10 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, and is transferable across ownership.
It comes in three new grades: S, SE and XSE, as well as the familiar LE and XLE grades.
The S and SE grades come standard with:
- 17-inch alloy wheels;
- 8-inch touchscreen;
- A sport-tuned suspension;
- LED head and tail lamps;
- Smart key access.
The SE grade adds:
- Privacy glass;
- Roof rails and paddle shifters;
- Blind-Spot Monitor (BSM);
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).
XSE grade, the Corolla Cross Hybrid’s “sportiest” offering, builds on the features of the SE and gains:
- Standard 18-inch Alloy wheels;
- Premium LED headlamps, taillamps and fog lamps;
- Softex-trimmed seats;
- Heated front seats;
- Power driver’s seat.
The SUV will arrive in dealerships across Ireland in November 2022.
Other news articles on That’s Farming: