Cootehill Livestock Mart – sheep prices – 11-11-2021
According to Geoffrey Drury, manager of Cootehill Livestock Mart, “phenomenal was the only word” to describe last night’s sheep sale.
He reported that the mart witnessed “was by far, the strongest trade in store lambs and fat lambs we have had all year”.
“A number of store lamb lots smashed the €4/kg barrier,” he remarked.
Drury reported that its weekly sheep sale attracted some 1,102 sheep (126 lots in total), with a 98% clearance.
Cootehill Mart 11-11-2021:
Store lambs up to 30kgs
- Lot 9 (9) – 21kgs at €85 or €4.05/kg;
- Lot 40 (8) – 20kgs at €80 or €4,00/kg;
- Lot 2 (7) – 25kgs at €90 or €3.60/kg;
- Lot 42 (10) – 26kgs at €91 or €3.50/kg;
- Lot 8A (3) – 19kgs at €67 or €3.47/kg.
Store lambs 30-40kgs:
- Lot 38 (6) – 32kgs at €123 or €3.85/kg;
- Lot 37 (4) – 33kgs at €125 or €3.79/kg;
- Lot 30A (4) – 31kgs at €117 or €3.78/kg;
- Lot 36 (5) – 33kgs at €124 or €3.69/kg;
- Lot 32 (15) – 34kgs at €124 or €3.65/kg.
Factory lambs 40kgs+
- Lot 72 (7) – 45kgs at €155 or €3.41/kg;
- Lot 12 (21) – 41kgs at €133 or €3.24/kg;
- Lot 28 (9) – 47kgs at €148 or €3.17/kg;
- Lot 30 (2) – 49kgs at €155 or €3.16/kg;
- Lot 52A (4) – 49kgs at €154 or €3.14/kg.
- Cast ewes: €78 – €155;
- Rams: €160 – €260.
Last week’s sale:
According to Geoffrey Drury, manager of Cootehill Livestock Mart, just under 960 sheep were on offer on Thursday, November 4th, 2021.
He reported that the Cavan-based mart held “another very successful sale with quality stock on offer”.
He reported that a total of 134 lots, containing 959 sheep, went under the hammer.
“An exceptional trade again for small, store-type lambs. Fats, in general, were a smidge better than last week, with the fleshier type up as much as 15c/kg.”
Read the report in full.
Cootehill Livestock Mart has announced that it will provide electronic transfers to farmers for payments up to €1,500.
The mart said that it is “committed to a cleaner, greener future”.
Read more on this news story that we covered this week.
About the mart:
The mart re-opened under new management earlier this year.
The Cavan-based sheep and cattle mart draws customers from Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and further afield.
The premises, now named Cootehill Livestock Mart, was under Jimmy and Carmel O’Reilly’s management for seven years.
The Drury family is now leasing the premises on a ten-year basis.
- Address: Station Road, Cootehill, Co Cavan;
- Contact details: Phone: 0495555362;
- Sales days: Sheep and cattle sales weekly. Sales online via LSL Auctions.
View other mart reports.
Contact our editorial team, by emailing – [email protected]