Kilkenny Mart’s online sale attracted just over 500 lots on Thursday (June 4th), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer pointed out that the entry was smaller in comparison to the corresponding sale last year; he described the trade as “challenging” for all lots.
“Trade was difficult with buyers showing less enthusiasm due to lack of grass growth.”
“It will be interesting next week if the opening up of the sales ring to potential buyers will attract a few more customers who are not able to operate online.”
“It should be noted that both live bidding and online bidding will operate in tandem,” Candler added.
- 600kgs+ – €1.70-€2.10/kg or €1,050-€1,350/head;
- 500-600kgs- €1.80-€2.45/kg or €980-€1,410/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.60-€2.45/kg or €780-€1,160/head;
- <400kgs – €1.50-€2.40/kg or €540-€800/head.
- Beef-types – €1.85-€2.35/kg or €980-€1,370/head;
- Forward stores – €1.80-€2.35/kg or €780-€980/head;
- Light stores – €1.70-€2.50/kg or €600-€850/head.
- Friesians – €1.00-€1.40/kg;
- Continentals – €1.25-€2.05/kg.