Carnew Mart – cattle prices – 02-10-2021
According to Eugene Clune, yard manager, just under 900 cattle were on offer at Carnew Mart on Saturday, October 2nd, 2021.
He reported that cattle met with a “very steady” trade on the previous week.
Speaking following the sale, he said: “It was the first autumn sale of the year with a lot of farmers clearing land and selling when trade is good.”
“Beef and forward stock met a very lively trade with factory agents and wholesalers very active for stock. Farmers and agents very anxious for lighter stores.”
Carnew Mart 02-10-2021:
- 604kg at €14690;
- 483kg at €1270 for 6;
- 518kg at €1300;
- 590kg at €1540;
- 580kg at €1520;
- 620kg at €1500;
- 622kg at €1590;
- 670kg at €1580;
- 535kg at €1380;
- 409kg at 1080.
- CH – 413kg – €1030
- 1 CH – 396kg – €980;
- LM – 640kg – €1770;
- 1 LM – 568kg – €1520;
- CH – 520kg – €1290;
- CH – 714kg – €1830;
- LM – 610kg – €1650;
- AA – 501kg – €1230;
- CH – 502kg – €1290;
- AA – 680kg – €1680.
Returns soared to €2,600, a price that was recorded on at least three occasions, at the sale of Mr Tom Byrne’s entire autumn dairy herd at Carnew Mart last (Tuesday).
According to Eugene Clune, yard manager, a “very lively” trade for top-quality stock, resulted in a full clearance.
- Thursday Ring 1– Sheep sale commencing at 10:00am ringside and online.
- Friday Ring 1– Dry cows commencing at 4.00pm – depending on time of year
- Saturday Ring 1– Dry cows commencing at 9.30am. Other categories commencing at 10.30am ringside and online.
- Saturday Ring 2– Calf sale commencing at 11.00am ringside and online
Mart day information:
Cattle may be pre-entered by contacting the office on the week prior to sale day or you can enter by using the mart’s online entry system on its website.
- Cattle taken in from 7.00am
- Calf collection service available
- If you have any queries, contact the office: 34 Main Street, Carnew, Co. Wicklow: Tel: 053 94 26234 or Mob: 087 7469999
View other mart reports.