With a strong selection of calves on offer, both farmers and agents were active in Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (April 28th), according to George Candler.
Candler reported that the top call on the day went to a strong Charolais bull calf, making €400. The smallest price tendered was €40 for a Frisian bull.
Continental bulls made up to €400, while heifers reached €310. Hereford bull calves earned up to €270, as the sale seen a full clearance of the 220 calves on offer.
- 1st rate Friesian bulls – €60- €120/head;
- 2nd rate Friesian bulls – €40-€60/head;
- Continental Bulls – €170-€400/head;
- Continental Heifers – €110-€310/head;
- AA/HE Bulls – €135-€270/head;
- AA/HE Heifers – €75-€230/head.