Just over 200 calves were offered for sale at Kilkenny Mart on Tuesday (April 21st), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported a full clearance for the smaller entry. “A lot of stronger calves were on offer attracting the attention of farmer buyers with exporters also helping the trade.”
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls – €60-€140/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls – €37-€70/head;
- Continental bulls – €170-€290/head;
- Continental heifers – €140-€255/head;
- AA/HE bulls – €80-€275/head;
- AA/HE heifers – €60-€240/head.