The Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine is issuing notifications for preliminary checks under the 2022 Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) to farmers.
Preliminary checks will identify any over-claims, overlaps, or dual claims in respect of online BPS applications.
Notifications are issued where the DAFM finds such an error on the farmer’s 2022 BPS application.
In a statement on June 7th, 2022, a spokesperson for the DAFM said:
“The notification allows the farmer the opportunity to rectify these issues without penalty.”
“Farmers and advisors should check the correspondence section of their BPS online account.”
“Where a farmer is signed up for text message alerts, a text will issue to advise them that they have a notification on their BPS account.”
“Where a farmer or agent receives such a notification, they should log on to www.agfood.ie and respond before the closing date of June 21st, 2022,” the spokesperson concluded.
Contact the DAFM
Should farmers wish to contact the DAFM, they can do so at:
- 049-4368288 in relation to queries on registering for agfood.ie– for example, queries on lost passwords, how to register etc.
- 057-8674422 in relation to queries on their BPS application, preliminary checks notifications, etc.
Teagasc has urged farmers to complete their BPS (Basic Payment Scheme) application correctly ahead of the deadline.
At this stage, most farmers will have received their 2022 Basic Payment application and maps via post.
This form is the application for many schemes, for example:
- Areas of Natural Constraint (ANC) scheme;
- Young Farmer Scheme (YFS);
- Basic Payment;
- Organic Farming Scheme.
Midnight on Monday, May 16th, 2022, was the deadline for farmers to submit their 2022 Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) applications online.
This was also the deadline for the related submission of applications for:
- Transfer of Entitlements;
- Young Farmer/National Reserve;
- Straw Incorporation Measure (SIM);
- Areas of Natural Constraint Scheme (ANC);
- Protein Aid Scheme.