Blue Texel Sheep: Sales Report
Prices topped at 3,600gns at the Blue Texel Sheep Society’s premier show and export sale in Dungannon on Monday, August 29th, 2022.
Leading the charge was a third-prize-winning ram lamb from Matthew Burleigh, lot 335 MATTS GLADIATOR (ET).
Gladiator, by Matts Firetrap (ET) and out of Saltire Blue Doris, is a full ET brother to the 10,000gns Matts Gypsy King (ET) and now heads to Strabane to Janet & Andy Carson’s Little Whisker Flock.
Next up in the price stakes were Allen and Samantha Shortt, who acquired 3,500gns for the overall champion, male champion and first prize-winning ram lamb, lot 347 DERG G FORCE (ET).
G Force is a full brother to 3800gns Derg Foxy Lady (Carlsile August 2021) sired by Beili Blues Euphoric and out of a Saltire Blue Caveman daughter Derg Dakota (ET) he sold to Clive Barnett, Raphoe.
Burleigh returned to the ring to put lot 334, MATTS GRAND PRIX (ET), under the hammer for 2,400gns.
He is by Sunnybank Exchange Rate (2000gns Aug 2021) out of 2800gns (Carlisle Jan 2022) Hackney (Import) 16101-17159.
On the female end, entries soared to 1900gns for lot 434, CLEENAGH GO GET EM, a second prize ewe lamb and reserve female champion from Adrian & Clive Richardson.
Go Get Em is by Cleenagh Extremist out of Corra (GFC/19/03574).
Then, the female champion and first prize-winning ewe lamb from Allen & Emma Shortt, lot 414 DERG GIN FIZZ (ET), sold for 1600gns to John Monks Lispopple.
Gin Fizz is by Sunnybank Escobar (ET) and out Derg Coco Chanel, RUAS Champion 2019.
Meanwhile, shearling ewes peaked at 1500gns for the first prize-winning shearling ewe from Adrian & Clive Richardson, lot 389.
Cleenagh Fearless, by Whatmore Diesel and out of Cleenagh Cappuccino, sells to Nigel Flanagan, Co Armagh.
- Lot 335 – 3600gns – Matts Gladiator (ET) ram lamb
- 347 – 3500gns – Derg G Force (ET) ram lamb
- 334 – 2400gns – Matts Grand Prix (ET) ram lamb
- 434 – 1900gns – Cleenagh Go Get Em – ewe lamb
- 414 – 1600gns – Derg Gin Fizz (ET) ewe lamb
- 389 – 1500gns – Cleenagh Fearless shearling ewe
- 324 – 1200gns – Millwood Griffin ram lamb
- 425 – 1200gns – Lisbane Golden Ticket ewe lamb
- 415 – 1150gns – Derg Gin & Tonic ewe lamb
- 328 – 1150gns – Cleenagh Gold Rush ram lamb
- 346 – 1100gns – Derg Gambler (ET) ram lamb
- 327 – 1000gns – Baileys Gladiator (ET)
According to a society spokesperson, averages are as follows:
- 27 ram lambs – 890gns – £934.50;
- 19 shearling ewes – 540gns – £567;
- 35 ewe lambs – 453gns – £475.65;
- 1 aged ram – 420gns – £441;
- 2 shearling rams – 470gns – £493.50.
Other news articles on That’s Farming: