Thursday, February 6th saw just over 220 cattle go under the hammer at Blessington Mart.
A mart spokesperson reported that all classes met with a good trade, with prices for quality bullocks and heifers up €30-€50/head on previous weeks.
- Beef and forward-store bullocks – €620-€900 over;
- Store bullocks over 500kgs – €560-€860 over;
- Store bullocks over 400kgs – €440-€685 over;
- Store bullocks over 300kgs – €380-€570 over;
- Beef heifers – €520-€780 over;
- Store heifers over 400kgs – €400-€585 over;
- Store heifers over 300kgs – €345-€515 over;
- Beef cows – €420-€670 over;
- Feeding cows – €160-€380 over.