Blessington Mart – 19-05-2022 – Cattle Prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed for both beef and store cattle on Thursday, May 19th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that the general cattle sale drew “a lot” of ringside and online customers.
Blessington Mart 19-05-2022
- Continental store bullocks – €500-€1,100 over;
- HE/AA store bullocks – €460-€900 over;
- FR store bullocks – €200-€570 over;
- Continental store heifers – €480-€960 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €400-€730 over;
- Beef cows – €540-€1,300 over;
- Feeding cows – €280-€500 over;
- Cows with calves at foot – €1,100-€1,600/unit.
This week’s sheep prices
According to a spokesperson for the mart, spring lambs were up by €3-€6/head on the previous week’s returns on Tuesday, May 17th, 2022.
The spokesperson noted that ewes with lambs at foot improved by €15-€20/unit at the mart’s general weekly sheep sale.
- Spring lambs – €152-€176 or €110-€128 over;
- Fat hoggets – €150-€168 or €105-€117 over;
- Heavy ewes – €180-€224;
- Lighter ewes – €96-€170;
- Ewes with lambs at foot – €150-€320/unit.
Last week’s cattle prices
The spokesperson noted that beef cows and stronger stores improved by between €20-€40/head on the previous week.
Blessington Mart 12-05-2022
- Continental store bullocks – €560-€1,260 over
- HE/AA store bullocks – €400-€820 over;
- Friesian store bullocks – €330-€650 over;
- Continental store heifers – €540-€1,100 over;
- HE/AA store heifers – €400-€760 over;
- Beef cows – €700-€1,600 over;
- Feeding cows – €1250-€580 over.
Last week’s sheep sale
Meanwhile, fat hoggets and spring lambs were up by €5-€7/head on the previous week at Tuesday’s (May 10th, 2022) sheep sale.
The spokesperson noted that there was a “very good” trade for all classes at its weekly sheep sale.
Spring lambs ranged from €155-€169 or €110 to €122 over the kg, while fat hoggets changed hands from €150-4167 or €100-€116 over the weight
Meanwhile, heavy ewes traded from €170 to €210, while lighter ewes pushed from €100-€166/head and ewes with lambs at foot went under the hammer from €160-€250/unit.
You can find more mart reports on That’s Farming.
Email your reports to – [email protected]