Blessington Mart – Cattle Prices – 11-08-2022
According to a spokesperson, beef bullocks and beef heifers improved by between €40-€50/head at Blessington Mart on 11-08-2022.
They reported that a “very strong” trade prevailed at its most recent cattle sale this week.
Feeding cows changed hands from €280-€540 over the kg, while beef cows went under the hammer from €580-€1,000 over.
Beef bullocks made from €1,100-€1,460 over the kg, while continental stores fetched from €580-€1,120 over and Hereford and Angus store bullocks varied from €460-€910 over the weight. On the other hand, Friesian store bullocks pushed from €360-€680 over the kg.
Continental store heifers made from €480-€940 over, while Hereford and Angus store heifers climbed from €400-€775 over the kg.
Meanwhile, at Tuesday’s (August 9th, 2022) sale, trade “remained very good” for all types of fat sheep.
- Heavy ewes – €148-€186/head;
- Lighter ewes – €90-€140/head;
- Heavy lambs – €135-€141 or €86-€94 over the kg;
- Factory lambs – €118-€134 or €78-€90 over the lg;
- Lambs (stores) over 40kgs – €108-€118 or €81-€94 over the kg;
- Lambs (stores) over 35kgs – €80-€100 or €49-€65 over the kg;
- Suffolk-cross hogget ewes – €200-€275/head;
- Suffolk-cross 3-4-year-old ewes – €150-€200/head;
- Suffolk-cross ewe lambs – €120-€218 or €80-€162 over.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to a spokesperson for Blessington Mart, a “very good” trade prevailed at its cattle sale on 04-08-2022.
They reported that this was particuarly true in the case of “stronger” heifers and bullocks.
Beef cows went under the hammer from €540-€810 over the kg, while feeding types changed hands from €260-€490 over.
Meanwhile, beef bullocks made from €1,200-€1,400 over the weight, while continental store types pushed from €480-€1,000 over.
At Thursday’s sale, Hereford and Angus store bullocks sold from €400-€820 over, while Friesian-type stores made from €380-€800 over.
Hereford and Angus store heifers fetched from €400-€680 over the kg, and continental store heifers traded from €460-€910 over the kg.
Read more on this mart report.
Email your mart reports to – [email protected]