Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart – Cattle Prices – 08-03-2023
According to Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart’s assistant manager, Teresa Gibsey, prices reached €1,900 in its cull cow ring, while bullocks topped at €1,950 and heifers climbed to €1,760 at its most recent general cattle sale on Wednesday, March 8th, 2023.
Dry cow prices
Dry cows made from €800 to €1900, with the top call on a price per kg basis in this ring going to a farmer from Glenisland at €2.87/kg with a 620kg CH at €1780.
The highest price recorded in the cull cow category was €1900 for a 745kg CHX.
Gibsey reported that a “super” trade prevailed in the heifer ring this week, with returns from €860 on the lighter end and up to €1760, or from €2.54/kg to €4.06 per kg.
Price for lighter heifers less than 300kgs ranges from €860 to €940 or an average of €3.12 per kg.
The top prices went to a 285kg, CHX heifer at €940 or €3.30 / kg from Bunacrick, Tourmakeady.
On the heavier end, lots in the 400 – 500kg weight bracket changed hands from €1010 to €1760 with an average of €1400 per head or €2.80 per kg.
The top price in this category was secured by a 555kg, CHX at €1760 or €3.17 per kg from a Barna, The Neale farmer.
Other prices on the day included:
- LM – 310kg – €1260 – €4.06/kg;
- LMX – 460kg – €1390 – €3.02/kg;
- CHX – 475kg – €1580 – €3.33/kg;
- LMX – 530kg – €1680 – €3.17/kg.
According to Gibsey, bullock prices ranged from €940 to €1950 per head or €2.41 to €3.92 per kg.
She reported an average price of €2.86/kg for 400-500kg entries in this ring and heavier bullocks 500-600kg levelled at €2.94/kg.
The category topped came in the form of a 690kg, LMX, €1950 or €2.83/kg from a Shrule farmer.
- LMX – 560kg – €1880 – €3.36/kg;
- CHX – 445kg – €1550 – €3.48/kg;
- CHX – 435kg – €1490 – €3.43/kg;
- CHX – 365kg – €1430 – €3.92/kg.
Weanling bulls fetched from €670 to €1180 per head or €2.72 to €3.27 per kg.
The highest call went to a farmer from Clonbur with a 355kg weanling at €1180 or €3.32 per kg.
- AAX – 220kg – €870 – €3.95/kg;
- AAX – 290kg – €940 – €3.24/kg;
- LMX – 315kg – €980 – €3.11/kg;
- CHX – 335kg – €1030 – €3.07/kg.
Notice: Date for your diary
Preparations are underway for Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart’s inaugural spring show and sale, spearheaded by its newly appointed assistant manager, Teresa Gibsey.
The Mayo-based livestock mart, armed with the support of local sponsors, will play host to the event on Wednesday, March 15th, 2023, in conjunction with its weekly general cattle sale, with classes as follows:
- Bullock class single: 1stand 2nd prize;
- Heifer class single: 1stand 2nd prize;
- Best pair of bullocks: 1stand 2nd prize;
- Best pair of heifers: 1st and 2nd prize;
- Weanling bull single class: 1stand 2nd prize;
- Weanling heifer single class: 1stand 2nd prize;
- Cow class – 1stand 2nd
- Address: Aurivo Ballinrobe Mart, Claremorris Road, Ballinrobe, Co Mayo
- Sales: Weekly cattle sales on Wednesday at 11 am (subject to seasonal change) and weekly sheep sales on Thursdays
- Note: Pre-booking every Thursday and Friday from 9 am-1 pm for cattle sales.
- Contact details: Telephone: 094-9541140.
View more mart reports on That’s Farming.