It is offering the mixed forestry and agricultural property, spanning 2,056-acres, for sale as a whole or in five separate lots.
Auchenlongford forestry and farm
The portfolio, “offering a fantastic investment opportunity,” comprises:
- Auchenlongford Farmhouse (2 reception rooms, four bedrooms)
- 230 hectares (569-acres) farmland
- 592 hectares (1,463-acres) established forestry
- A range of traditional and modern farm buildings
- Woodside Cottage (1 reception room, three bedrooms) with 9 acres
The property firm has deemed this a “rare opportunity” to purchase a mixed forestry and agricultural portfolio in southern Scotland’s “productive timber area”.
Auchenlongford Farm, including farmhouse and farm buildings) sits to the north of the B743 public road.
Merkland farmland sits to the south of the B743. Woodside Cottage is adjacent to Auchenlongford Farm and includes 9-acres.
The area of commercial forestry extends to about 592 hectares (1463 acres) and comprises two larger blocks, Auchenlongford and Upper Heilar, and a more recently planted area around Merkland Farm.
In addition to the area of commercial forestry, there are older mixed riparian woodlands present around the River Ayr and some small woodlands within the farm.
Lot 1: Auchenlongford Farm and Merkland Farmland – Extending to about 230ha
- Four-bedroom farmhouse;
- Traditional and modern farm buildings;
- Land at Auchenlongford (about 119ha);
- Also, land at Merkland (about 111ha);
- Compact livestock unit;
- Includes woodland and other land extending to about 19ha
Lot 2: Auchenlongford Forest (Including Merkland Woods)
- Good access onto B743Mixed age conifer forest extending to 338ha;
- Includes 120ha mid-rotation timber;
- Younger plantings dating from 2004, 2006, 2018 and a small area in 2021.
Lot 3: Woodside Cottage – Extending to about 3.90ha in total
- Detached 3-bedroom bungalow;
- Attractive lawned garden;
- “Uninterrupted” views over the surrounding countryside;
- Grazing land approximately 3.6ha.
Lot 4: Upper Heilar Forest
- Mixed rotation forest extending to about 254ha;
- A substantial volume of mature timber ready for harvesting;
- Areas of high yield class second rotation spruce timber;
- Also, opportunities for peatland restoration.
Lot 5: 1.9 miles of River Ayr – Extending to about 5.70 ha in total
- 9 miles salmon fishing on the River Ayr
- Rights to fish for trout and salmon from the north bank
- Leased to the local angling club on an annual basis
- Furthermore, fishing records are available from the selling agent upon request.
Watch a video.
Properties for sale
View more land, houses, and farms for sale.