Raphoe Livestock Mart – Cattle Prices – 25-05-2023
According to Ann Harkin, “trade remained on par with that of previous weeks” at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, May 25th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that demand “continued for stock”, with prices from €435 over the kg to €1,440 over the weight.
Strong forward cattle ranged from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg, while medium weights sold from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg.
Lighter weights fetched from €2.60/kg to €3.80/kg, Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €3/kg, and Friesian cattle varied from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg.
Bulls/bullocks ranged from €2.50/kg to €3.50/kg, while heifers pushed from €2.60/kg to €3.80/kg, and cull cows went under the hammer from €1130/head to €1980/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1075 to €1440 over the weight.
- Beef bullocks – €885 to €1150 over the weight.
- Store bullocks – €485 to €1000 over the weight.
- Beef heifers – €780 to €1235 over the weight.
- Store heifers – €435 to €1120 over the weight.
This week’s sheep prices
Meanwhile, there was another “good” entry for this week’s sale on Monday, May 22nd, 2023, with a “brisk” trade for spring lambs, hoggets and fat ewes.
Spring lambs sold at:
- €120 to €150 for 36-43kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 43-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €100/head to a high of €258/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, there was a “lively” trade for the “good” entry of stock on offer at Raphoe Livestock Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, May 18th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that forward types continued to meet “strong demand”, selling from €2.80/kg to €3.40/kg.
Medium weights changed hands from €2.70/kg to €3.50/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg.
At Thursday’s sale, Aberdeen Angus cattle pushed from €2.60/kg to €3.20/kg, while Friesian cattle varied from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg.
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.60/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.70/kg to €3.80/kg;
- Fat cows varied from €820/head to €2240/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1180 to €1450 over the weight.
- Beef bullocks – €1020 to €1645 over the weight.
- Store bullocks – €720 to €1240 over the weight.
- Beef heifers – €884 to €1445 over the weight.
- Store heifers – €355 to €1015 over the weight.
Read more on this mart report.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.