Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ new Amarok pick-up is “out and about” across Europe in a disguised model.
With 830,000 units of the Amarok sold to date in Europe, South America, South Africa, and Oceania, the company says it is “further developing the strengths” of its successful premium pick-up in its new generation.
Features of its new “powerful and chiasmatic” machine – which has new designs and new technology – include:
- High load capacities;
- Systematic functionality;
- Supreme drive systems;
- An authentic all-terrain design.
According to the company, the vehicle will be capable of, even more, both on and off-road, than previous models.
It is of the view the Amarok will “once again” take its place at the top of the pick-up B segment.
It boasts “excellent” specifications, a “greatly expanded” array of driver-assist features and a “much larger” range of drive systems than its predecessor.
- Innovative, premium design redefined as a “powerful, charismatic” exterior with a “high-quality” interior;
- At 5,350 mm, the new model is at least 100 mm longer than its predecessor. A wheelbase of 3,270 mm equates to an increase of 175 mm. As a result, there is more space in the double cab;
- Increased payload up to 1.2 tonnes;
- Maximum towing capacity of 3.5t now possible across more engine/gearbox variants.
- Smaller bodywork overhangs are smaller, which, according to the company, has a positive effect on the off-road capability;
- Off-road capabilities: “A significantly greater” fording depth for driving through waters than its predecessor.
- Engines: one petrol and up to four different diesels with four to six cylinders and cubic capacity of 2.0 to 3.0-litres;
- You can optionally configure new comfortable, wide seats with electric 10-way adjustments;
- Rear-wheel drive, or on-demand or permanent all-wheel drive;
- An array of preconfigured driving modes with multiple levels assists the driver, including in non-everyday situations.
- Enhanced safety from 30 driver-assist systems, over 20 of which are completely new;
- Five trim versions of the new Amarok: the entry-level version is the ‘Amarok’. It is followed by the ‘Life’ and ‘Style’. Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles will offer “equal top” versions: ‘PanAmericana’ (off-road character) and the ‘Aventura’ (on-road character).
The new Amarok will launch at the end of 2022 in the first few countries with double cab and four doors (double-cab) and some individual markets with a two-door single cab (single-cab).
Other news articles on That’s Farming: