Munster Bovine is currently seeking trainees for its AI Technician Academy, which it says is the “envy of the industry”.
Every trainee will undergo what it brands as an “unrivalled” training programme before they qualify to “go on the road” as a Munster Bovine AI technician.
The firm – which claims to be “Ireland’s market leader” in cattle breeding and herd management services – states that it “invests heavily” in its trainees as “their success means success for both our customers and Munster Bovine”.
The company aims to be “the trusted partner” in genetics and decision support, adding “measurable value” for herd owners.
Its services include cattle breeding, fertility and performance-enhancing services for farmers.
AI Technician Academy
A spokesperson for Munster Bovine commented:
“The unrivalled and practical training is fully funded by the company, and trainees are paid for their time. There will be unrivalled back-up and support during training and thereafter.”
“We offer a brilliant qualification that is recognised around the world, giving opportunities to travel to other countries off-peak. The financial reward for a busy breeding season is exceptional.”
“Flexibility during the off-season allows other pursuits to be followed. Furthermore, there is a potential pathway of progression to future roles.”
According to the job spec, applicants for this position must have/be:
- Comfortable and confident handling livestock;
- Knowledge of the dairy and or beef industry and a keen interest in cattle breeding;
- A full clean driving licence;
- Basic IT skills;
- Excellent attention to detail in work accuracy and record keeping;
- Also, excellent communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise and operate in a fast-paced environment;
- Great teamwork skills, to share responsibilities, confer with others, help others do their jobs, and seek help when required;
- Ability to work under pressure.
To apply, call 022 43228 before September 30th, 2022.
Other articles on That’s Farming: