Farmers, agents and feedlot buyers were “anxious” to purchase forward stores at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, February 27th, according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said: “There was another great entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart this week with a great trade for all types on offer.”
“Lighter lots also easily sold to farmers and agents. Plainer cattle from dairy herds also selling well with AA and FR-types selling from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg.” Harkin added.
- Bulls fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €755/head to €1240/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €580 to €825 over;
- Beef bullocks – €570 to €895 over;
- Store bullocks – €420 to €825 over;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €940 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €655 over;
- Dry cows – €755 to €1240 each.