Ag Shows in Northern Ireland
The Northern Ireland Shows Association has released its official list of agricultural show dates for 2023.
On December 26th, 2022, it confirmed dates for fourteen out of a total of fifteen agricultural shows.
Show season will kick off in mid-May in Northern Ireland, with the calendar set to draw to a close in early December.
The following agricultural shows will take place in Northern Ireland in 2023:
- Killyleagh – TBC;
- Balmoral – May 10th-13th;
- Ballymoney – June 2nd (ponies) and June 3rd;
- Lurgan – June 3rd;
- Armagh – June 10th;
- Saintfield – June 17th;
- Ballymena – June 17th;
- Newry – June 24th;
- Omagh – June 30th (equestrian only) and July 1st;
- Castlewellan – July 15th;
- Londonderry/Limavady – July 15th;
- Antrim – July 22nd;
- Clogher Valley – July 26th;
- Fermanagh – August 11th and August 12th;
- Winter Fair – December 7th.
Meanwhile, the Irish Shows Association has yet to confirm dates for ag shows next year.
You haven’t been to an ag show until you…
Previous article on you haven’t been to an ag show until you…
- Have walked the entire field of livestock, row by row, several times;
- Watch each judging category class by class, even when there are several rings in full swing simultaneously;
- Follow each beast from show to show and possibly all the way to the sales ring at a later date;
- Read the show’s catalogue from cover to cover;
- Make a list of cattle or sheep that you may buy if they become available for sale later in the year;
- Meet at least one person who you have not seen in years;
- You’ve had a full Irish on-site;
- You are one of the first to arrive on-site and one of the last to leave;
- Get roped into leading an animal around the ring;
- Get roped into clipping, brushing, grooming and washing.
Read more on this news article