There was a larger entry at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, July 16th), with an excellent sale of quality cattle on offer, according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said: “Great demand for quality stock with plenty of bidders around the ring for these.” “Also great demand for lighter store cattle and Aberdeen-Angus-crosses all easily sold.” Harkin added.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €580 to €790 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €810 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €775 over;
- Beef heifers – €490 to €800 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €645 over.
- Bulls/Bullocks ranged from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €600/head to €1650/head.