- Advertisement -
Westmeath love guru, Mairead Loughman, has sent over 5,500 singletons on dates through her company, LoveHQ.ie – Here are her tips:
- If your plan of action is to go online and match with your future love, then look the part. A good picture speaks a thousand words. A selfie is good if done correctly but have a nice background or put effort into taking a decent photo.
- Good conversation is key, whether that is online or the old-fashioned face-to-face dating. Talk about your interests, stray away from negativity and show interest in what the other person has to say. Try a search for common ground and use that as a basis for conversing.
- Lead the way when it comes to dating. If you really like someone that you’re talking to, then don’t be afraid to ask them out on a date. Taking the lead when it comes to dating can be an attractive trait, it displays some confidence.
- Dress to impress! Whether you’re going on a date or taking those Tinder photos, always try to present the best of yourself. Looks are not the point, it’s about showing a level care and effort and if you look your best, you’ll tend to feel your best.
- Don’t give away too much information from the get-go. Start off simple, work your way to getting to know someone, and be smart with your conversation. If you’re moving on in the years and still live at home with the parents or if you never dated before, it’s not always the best foot forward. Don’t dwell on your negative points, focus on your positives and your interests.