A circa 33-acre residential holding with sheds and outbuildings is for sale, by public auction, later this month.
The property in Ballinamona, Leskinfere, Gorey, Co. Wexford has been introduced to the market by Quinn Property and will go under the hammer in The Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey, Co. Wexford on Friday, October 30th at 2pm.
This holding, with a guide price of €500,000, is located a short distance off the N11 (also the R772) in “one of north Wexford’s prime farming areas”.
It is 4km from both Craanford and Camolin and 8km south of Gorey town.
Craanford, a tidy towns winner on numerous occasions, has a church, primary school, playschool, GAA pitch, community centre, pub and Craanford Mills.
Camolin boasts a selection of services to include primary school, shops, pubs, churches, service stations, nursing home and the renowned Cois na hAbhann, restaurant, shop and garden centre.
Gorey, the selling agent outlined, is one of north Wexford’s most noted towns and offers a choice of schools from primary, secondary, post leaving and adult education, Educate Together and a Gaelscoil, along with restaurants, shops, pubs, award-winning hotels with a “vast” array of local leisure amenities.
Wexford is a 30-minute drive, Enniscorthy a 20-minute drive while Dublin is a “comfortable” commute of one hour.
The holding is in one block with good frontage onto the public road with the farmhouse and farmyard located centrally on the holding. The house and yard are approached via a concrete driveway and are set back 300meters from the public road.
The house is a traditional two-storey, stone-built, residence, over 200 years old, to which a small two-storey extension was added in more recent times. “The house has many attractive original features and will make a great family home.”
Accommodation comprises of:
- Entrance hall: 1.9m x 1.9m Tiled floor;
- Inner hall: 3.1m x 1.3m Carpet, stairs to first floor;
- Sitting room: 4.6m x 4.2m Carpet, stove;
- Kitchen: 4.6m x 3.5m Fitted units;
- Pantry: 3.1m x 2.3m;
- Utility room: 2.7m x 2.0m;
- Landing: 6.7m x 1.2m Carpet, hot press;
- Bedroom 1: 4.7m x 4.1m Carpet, open fire;
- Bedroom 2: 3.5m x 3.1m Carpet, fitted wardrobe;
- Bedroom 3: 4.7m x 4.3m Carpet, open fire;
- Bathroom: 2.2m x 1.5m Shower, w.c., w.h.b.
Services and features include a private well, a septic tank and oil-fired central heating.
- BER: F
- BER No. 113305700
- Energy Performance Indicator: 438.35kWh/m²/yr
There is a range of sheds and outbuildings to include:
- An ‘A’ roofed shed incorporating workshop (1) 4m x 3.5m and workshop (2) 8m x 4.1m with sliding door
- 3-bay round roof shed;
- 1-bay lean-to;
- Dung sted;
- An ‘A’ roofed shed divided into 3 sections: 10m x 4, 6m x 4 & 7m x 3m;
- Cattle crush;
- Slatted unit 20m x 4.5m;
- 25 cubical shed 13m X 6.5m;
- 12 5m x 5m calving pens;
- Steel shed 9m x 6m.
“The land is laid out in three divisions, all of which are currently in grass and of excellent quality. There is piped water supply to the lands as well as a natural spring and watercourse.”
For more information, click here.