Beef farmers will have experienced many different things throughout their career, no matter how long it has been.
We all have a lot in common when it comes to farming, so here are some things you could relate to as a beef farmer:
- The joys of wrestling a bullock when you’re trying to dose it;
- A sale in the mart will always spring a surprise;
- You’re never fully confident in the ‘easy calving bull’;
- Sometimes the smaller animals can surprise you with their growth;
- The market can change in the blink of an eye;
- Breeding is better than feeding;
- Nothing will make you as nervous as the TB test;
- You’re sick of people telling you to go into dairy;
- You can never plan too far into the future;
- You know the bloodline of each of your animals.