Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
In this article, we provide readers with a recipe for Beef Bourguignon, a deeply flavoured traditional French dish of slow-cooked beef in a red wine sauce, ideal for cold winter nights.
About the recipe
Beef Bourguignon is one of France’s famous dishes. A delicious recipe of cozy autumn dinner you can make in less than 30 minutes using your Instant Pot.
In brief, this is a rich beef and vegetable stew in red wine gravy. Use chuck steak for best results and serve with white rice for a complete meal.
- Servings: 6
- Prep time: 7 min
- Cook time: 18 minutes
- Total time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 2 lb chuck beef special steak (this is the best cut of meat for this dish);
- 3 shallots chopped;
- 2 garlic cloves minced;
- ¼ basil chopped;
- 1 cup red wine;
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour;
- 3 bacon slices;
- 2 carrots chopped;
- ½ lb mushrooms diced;
- ½ cup beef broth;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Press saute and saute bacon for 1 minute.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add beef and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the broth and the wine, and stir well.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, wait for a natural release.
- Once done, open the lid and serve.
Generally, you can cover this dish and place in the fridge, where it could last for up to three or four days – depending on the efforts you undertake to preserve the dish.
For more cookery ideas, check out these Instant Pot recipes by Corrie Cooks.
To share your cookery recipes with That’s Farming’s readers, email – [email protected]