Veterinary jobs: Opening in Dubai
FRS Recruitment is seeking applications for the role of a veterinarian on a large-scale dairy farm in Dubai.
Eligible candidates must hold a relevant veterinary medicine degree and have 1-2 years’ post-graduate experience with large farm animals.
According to the recruitment company, experience on Irish farms is essential, although it will consider recent graduates. It states that international experience is an advantage.
The salary has been set at €65,000-€70,000 per year (tax-free) with accommodation provided.
Candidates must be familiar with modern developments in large dairy health production & medicine.
They must be ambitious, self-motivated and dedicated.
Responsibilities the recruitment company listed:
- Firstly, develops and administers ongoing testing protocol for disease monitoring, disease susceptibility and prevention, and vaccination programmes;
- Also, monitors performance and recommends adjustments in programs, policies and procedures to improve performance in a “safe and cost-effective manner”;
- Collaborate with other veterinarians for medical procedures;
- Monitor and review animal health status and take corrective action;
- Defines AI protocol;
- Advises head, cow farm operations on ways to improve milk productivity and reduce cow mortality;
- Remain informed of cow healthcare advances and best practices;
- Also, communicate opportunities for improvement to appropriate managers and leaders;
- Trains stockmen (health and breeder) on health management and breeding procedures and techniques.
- Conduct medical inspection and suggest remedial actions in complex cases;
- Issue certification on whole herd health assessment for use by finance for insurance purposes;
- Finally, perform the dry-off procedure (administration of anti-biotics in mammalian glands).
High volume of applications
Gerard Farrell, a recruitment consultant for the agri-food sector at FRS, stated that due to a high volume of applications, the company will only contact candidates that meet the requirements.
How to apply: veterinary jobs
To apply for this position, visit FRS Recruitment’s website.
You are required to provide your name, contact details, how you heard about the opening and attach a CV.
Read our popular veterinary series.