A farm containing circa 327-acres of land and an array of outbuildings is available for lease at The Ring, Killag, Duncormick, Co. Wexford.
The farm, serviced by mains water, telephone, electricity and Wi-Fi, is all in one block but is divided into two equal parts by a road.
The land is presently a beef farm with some arable crops but it is suited for all uses, according to Brady Group, who listed beef, arable/horticulture, pigs/poultry and dairy (one or two units) as potential purposes.
Accommodation for over 750 cattle
The 327-acres excludes land occupied by the wind farm; access roads are shared. There is a planning condition for the wind farm to leave 6-acres of beet tops as a compensatory area for Bewick Swans between the September 15th and April 14th.
There are three farmyards on the holding – two on the southern block and one positioned on the northern black.
The two farmyards in the southern block contain accommodation and slurry storage for over 750 cattle.
There is a 16-bay double slatted unit for finishing cattle, with three open silage pits, loose cattle housing, a machinery shed, general-purpose stores and a weighbridge.
“The yards are primarily suited for beef cattle, but they are suitable for adaptation for pig, poultry or dairy enterprises.”
The single slatted accommodation in the northern section is presently disused but is “still a useable slatted shed”.
It is proposed that the Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements / Basic Income Support Entitlements are leased by the leasee and repaid in full to the lessor for as long as the payments last.
It is proposed to lease the land for a 15-year term, but the owner is open to discussion on a longer lease term if a significant capital investment programmed is planned.
- Splitting the holding into two smaller lots for more than one leasee will be considered
- Financial vetting of tenants will form part of the process.
- Confidentiality of information solely to the agent assured.
- Term: 15 years – January 1st, 2021 – December 31st, 2036;
- Price: Quote price per 327-acre, expectation of €225/acre;
- Reviews: 5 yearly, on January 1st, 2026 and January 1st, 2031;
- Payment: Monthly (20th of Month) by standing order.