Lakeland Dairies has set its milk price for June 2021 supplies.
In a statement today (Friday, July 9th), the processor confirmed that its board has held the co-operative’s milk price for June.
Lakeland milk price June 2021
“In the Republic of Ireland, Lakeland Dairies has held its base milk price for June at 36 cpl, including VAT, for milk at 3.6% fat and 3.3% protein.”
In Northern Ireland, Lakeland Dairies has held its milk price for June at 29.2p/litre.
“Global markets are at present demonstrating a reasonable balance of supply and demand.”
“European milk supplies, which have been constrained by colder than average temperatures in recent months, are now increasing gradually in line with weather improvements across the continent.”
“Worldwide milk supply is also increasing at a strong pace with the main dairy-producing countries exporting higher volumes.”
The spokesperson stated that while global dairy prices remain stable for now, concerns continue concerning:
- Ongoing pandemic crisis worldwide;
- The variable global pace of vaccinations;
- Potential for new variants to disrupt consumer and economic activity.
“Foodservice markets continue a gradual recovery. However, this is coming from a significantly lower base in view of the ongoing impacts of the pandemic.”
Concluding, Lakeland Dairies said it will continue to monitor the market “closely” in the coming weeks.
May 2021 milk prices
Last month, Lakeland Dairies was the first processor to announce its price for May supplies.
- Republic of Ireland: Base price increase by 1.66 cpl to 36 cpl, including VAT, for milk at 3.6% fat and 3.3% protein. 1.66 cpl replaced the unconditional bonus;
- In Northern Ireland: Processor replaced its unconditional bonus with an increase of 1.2p/litre in its base milk price to 29.2p/litre.
In a statement at the time, a spokesperson said: “While global dairy prices remain prone to fluctuation, they are holding steady for now.”
“Demand for food ingredients is recovering on a post-pandemic basis. But, this is not yet consistently the case across all markets.
More on milk prices