Weighing and submitting this data to the ICBF is the only compulsory action under the BEEP-S.
Weighing is the only mandatory element of the scheme, and participants have the option to choose action 2 and/or action 3 thereafter.
For this measure, participants must weigh each un-weaned calf and its dam and submit weights to the ICBF.
From May 1st, 2022, all weights should be submitted within seven days of weighing and no later than November 1st, 2022.
The DAFM has set out the following four requirements under the scheme:
- All calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between July 1st, 2021, and June 30th, 2022;
- Un-weaned live calf and dam must be weighed on the applicants holding on the same day;
- Only scales registered and used in accordance with the requirements of annex 1 may be employed for the purposes of this programme;
- Submit weights between January 1st, 2022, and November 1st, 2022, in accordance with annex 1.
Deadline and payments
If you are recording weights online/electronically, you must record weights on the ICBF database by 5:30 pm on November 1st, 2022.
The electronic submission includes the:
- ICBF website;
- ICBF weight recording app;
- Farm software;
- Any third-party applications that link to the ICBF database.
If you are submitting weights by post, the ICBF must receive forms by 5:30 pm on November 1st, 2022.
An ICBF spokesperson said:
“All records should be submitted within seven days of the completion of the weight recording process. Please note that BEEP-S payments will only be made on weight records recorded and validated on the ICBF database.”
“If weight records are deemed unusable as a result (inter alia) of failure to comply with the requirements for the use of the scales, then payment may not issue under the programme.”
Other articles on That’s Farming: