Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 31-10-2022
According to Marion Devane, cull cows reached €1,830, while heifers topped out at €1,720 and bullocks peaked at €1,960 at Tuam Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Monday, October 31st, 2022.
Meanwhile, in the weanling rings, heifers climbed to €1,460 and bulls soared to €1,330.
Devane commented: “Meanwhile, the Western Simmental Breeders’ Annual Heifer Sale attracted buyers from near and far, with buyers in attendance from Antrim to Cork and all counties in between, including many local farmers.”
“Top price on the night was lot 880 weighing 600kg at €2,620(€4.37/kg).”
“Other sample prices included 580kg at € 2160(€3.72/kg), 490kg at €1920(€3.92/kg) and 535kg at €2020(€3.78/kg).”
“With the sale average at €2,000, it was clear to see the high demand for the modern type of Simmental heifer that is genetically polled (hornless),” she remarked.
Tuam Mart 31-10-2022
- 695kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1960 (€2.82/kg);
- 450kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1400 (€3.11/kg);
- 470kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1420 (€3.02/kg);
- 475kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1430 (€3.01/kg);
- 330kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €970 (€2.94/kg);
- 380kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1180 (€3.11/kg).
- 618kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1720 (€2.78/kg);
- 480kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1580 (€3.29/kg);
- 450kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €1360 (€3.02/kg);
- 640kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1720 (€2.69/kg);
- 550kg LMX by a Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1680 (€3.05/kg);
- 330kg CHX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €900 (€2.73/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 635kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1630 (€2.57/kg);
- 790kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1830 (€2.32/kg);
- 780kg PTX by a Shrule farmer made €1780 (€2.28/kg);
- 790kg BBX by a Dangan farmer made €1740 (€2.20/kg);
- 740kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1730 (€2.34/kg);
- 665kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1370 (€2.06/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 335kg BBX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1460 (€4.36/kg);
- 420kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1310 (€3.12/kg);
- 425kg SIX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1190 (€2.80/kg);
- 335kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1100 (€3.28/kg);
- 285kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €900 (€3.16/kg);
- 270kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €810 (€3.00/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 355kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1330 (€3.75/kg);
- 290kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1070 (€3.69/kg);
- 255kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1000 (€3.92/kg);
- 365kg BBX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1150 (€3.15/kg);
- 335kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1200 (€3.58/kg);
- 430kg BBX by a Claremorris farmer made €1490 (€3.47/kg).
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].