Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 30-08-2022
According to Marion Devane, Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, August 29th, 2022, saw a “particularly strong trade” for forward stores and factory-fit cattle.
The mart manager reported that “most of these types were snapped up by eager factory agents”.
At Monday’s sale, dry cows peaked at €2,090, while bullocks topped out at €2,240, and heifers changed hands for up to €1,850.
Tuam Mart 30-08-2022
- 425 kg CHX by a Ballinrobe farmer made €1190 (€2.80/kg);
- 450 kg CHX by a Hollymount farmer made €1380 (€3.07/kg);
- 540 kg SAX by a Cummer farmer made €1510 (€2.80/kg);
- 570 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1710 (€3.00/kg);
- 605 kg LMX by an Arglora farmer made €1850 (€3.06/kg);
- 640 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1930 (€3.02/kg);
- A pair 682 kg by a Knocknagur farmer made €2050 (€3.01/kg);
- 725 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €2240 (€3.09/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 730 kg BBX by a Barbersfort farmer made €1840 (€2.52/kg);
- 805 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €2090 (€2.60/kg);
- 740 kg LMX by a Cortoon farmer made €1990 (€2.69/kg);
- 725 kg LMX by a Corofin farmer made €1950 (€2.69/kg);
- 560 kg BBX by a Corrandulla farmer made €1560 (€2.79/kg).
- 415 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1160 (€2.80/kg);
- A pair 455 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1290 (€2.84/kg);
- A pair 457 kg LMX and CHX by a Clogherboy farmer made €1300 (€2.84/kg);
- 525 kg LMX by a Ballinalsoe farmer made €1440 (€2.74/kg);
- 540 kg LMX by a Brierfield farmer made €1560 (€2.89/kg);
- 580 kg LMX by an Arglora farmer made €1830 (€2.86/kg);
- 640 kg LMX by an Arglora farmer made €1830 (€2.86/kg);
- 660 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1850 (€2.80/kg).
According to Devane, sheep sales also “remain very strong”.
Last week, ewe lambs 49.5 kg by a Hollymount farmer fetched up to €188.
Meanwhile, hoggets by a Cloghanshill farmer made to €260 and old ewes maxed out at €204 for 110 kg sheep, property of a Ballyglunin farmer.
How did prices compare to last week’s?
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].