Tuam Mart report – cattle prices – 30-08-2021
Marion Devane, manager of Tuam Co-operative Livestock Mart, reported a “strong trade for all types” at its weekly cattle sale on Monday, August 30th, 2021.
She noted that a “strong cow trade dominated with good strong continental types on offer”.
Tuam Mart 30-08-2021:
- Firstly, a 725 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1630 – €2.25/kg;
- A 765 kg CHX cow by a Bushypark farmer sold for €1690 – €2.21/kg;
- Also, a SAX weighing 725 kg by a Dunmore farmer made €1690 – €2.17/kg;
- Meanwhile, a 700 kg LM by a Tuam farmer made €1540 – €2.20/kg.
Devane outlined that the bullock trade remained very strong, with factory agents conscious of securing beef cattle.
Sample prices from the bullock ring include:
- A 430 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer at €1170 – €2.72/kg;
- Also, a 420 kg AAX by a Claremorris farmer made €960 – €2.29/kg;
- Meanwhile, a pair of 452 kg CHX bullocks by a Dunmore farmer made €1200 – €2.65/kg;
- Furthermore, a 540 kg CHX bullock by a Barnaderg farmer made €1350 – €2.50/kg;
- Then a 625 kg AAX by a Lavally farmer made €1490 – €2.38/kg;
- Also, a 635 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1600 – €2.52/kg;
- A 655 kg LMX a Tuam farmer made €1620 – €2.47/kg;
- 4 CHX weighing 817 kg made €1950 – €2.39/kg.
The mart manager reported that heifers “were super trade with top prices paid for flashy breeding heifers”.
- €850 for 295 kg LMX – €2.88/kg;
- A CHX by a Mountbellew farmer weighing 440 kg made €1120 – €2.55/kg;
- Meanwhile, a 485 kg CHX by a Corofin farmer made €1260 – €2.60/kg;
- A 415 kg LMX made €1210 – €2.92/kg;
- A 410 kg BBX by a Dunmore farmer made €1240 – €3.02/kg;
- What Devane described as a “fruitful roan” heifer by a Tuam farmer weighing 565 kg made €1680 – €2.97/kg [main image];
- A 640 kg PTX by a Lavally farmer made €1600 – €2.50/kg;
- Lastly, a 680 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer – €1630 – €2.40/kg.
Read a report from last week’s cattle sale at Tuam Mart. A report from the mart’s sheep sale to follow.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]