Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 29-11-2021
According to Marion Devane, there was a “sharp trade across the board” at Tuam Mart on Monday, November 29th, 2021.
The mart manager reported that the cull cow ring saw “strong” demand from northern buyers with a “high level” of online activity.
“There was strong demand ringside for store type cattle in both the heifer and bullock categories. Heavy met with a flurry of bids from factory agents, both online and ringside.”
“Monday evening saw the final evening weanling sale of 2021. The heifer weanling trade was sharp with some stylish lots on offer.”
“Similarly with weanling bull trade, trade remained strong,” the mart manager added.
Tuam Mart 29-11-2021:
Cull cow prices:
- 770 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1430 (€1.86/kg);
- 745 kg LM by a Barbersfort farmer made €1510 (€2.03/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by a Currandulla farmer made €1600 (€2.34/kg);
- 725 kg BBX by a Currandullal farmer made €1490 (€2.06/kg);
- 680 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1420 (€2.09/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1480 (€2.14/kg);
- 680 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1480 (€2.18/kg);
- 675 kg LMX by a Corofin farmer made €1520 (€2.25/kg).
According to Devane, there was a “good” selection of forward store heifers at Monday’s general cattle sale.
She reported that buyers paid premium prices for “good” breeding-type females.
- Pair of 392 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €970 (€2.47/kg);
- 430 kg CH by a Barnaderg farmer made €1140 (€2.65/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €960 (€2.31/kg);
- A sweet 440 kg BBX by an Athenry farmer made €1170 (€2.66/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1170 (€2.49/kg);
- 495 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1190 (€2.40/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1190 (€2.22/kg);
- Pair of 585 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1400 (€2.39/kg);
- 635 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1500 (€2.27/kg);
- 730 kg CHX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1660 (€2.27/kg).
Tuam Mart 29-11-2021: Bullocks:
- Pair of 415 kg AAX by a Milltown farmer made €900 (€2.17/kg);
- Pair of 347 kg SIX & LMX made by a Williamstown farmer made €870 (€2.51/kg);
- 445 kg BBX by a Frenchpark farmer made €1030 (€2.31/kg);
- 420 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1000 (€2.38/kg);
- 470 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €1180 (€2.51/kg);
- 485 kg AAX by a Milltown farmer made €1130 (€2.33/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1290 (€2.61/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1300 (€2.57/kg);
- Pair of 552 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1350 (€2.45/kg);
- 565 kg AAX by a Claremorris farmer made €1300 (€2.30/kg);
- 685 kg CHX by a Kilbannon farmer made €1850 (€2.70/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €1470 (€2.43/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 290 kg LM by a Claremorris farmer made €880 (€3.03/kg);
- Pair of 257 kg LM and AUX by a Dunmore farmer made €700 (€2.72/kg);
- 290 kg LMX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €840 (€2.90/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €980 (€3.21/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €930 (€2.78/kg);
- 335 kg LM by a Cummer farmer made €1020 (€2.87/kg);
- Pair of 352 LMX & CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1000;(€2.84/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 280 kg SIX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €890 (€3.18/kg);
- 285 kg LMX by a Williamstown farmer made €830 (€2.91/kg);
- 295 kg LM by a Williamstown farmer made €810 (€2.75/kg);
- 280 kg LMX by a Cloghashill farmer made €780 (€2.79/kg);
- 275 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €750 (€2.73/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €870 (€2.85/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1050 (€3.44/kg).
Last week’s cattle sale:
Report with prices.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm. Sheep sales will commence at 5 p.m. from Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]