Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 26-09-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “solid” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart on Monday, September 26th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that Tuam’s most recent sale attracted “an outstanding show of quality stock”.
At Monday’s sale, bullocks reached €2,400, cull cows soared to €1,880, and heifers peaked at 1,620.
Tuam Mart 26-09-2022
Cull cow prices:
- 870 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1800 (€2.07/kg);
- 795 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1750 (€2.20/kg);
- 690 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1820 (€2.64);
- 765 kg SA by a Sylane farmer made €1750 (€2.29/kg);
- 705 kg BAX by a Cummer farmer made €1560 (€2.21/kg);
- 815 kg LMX by a Cortoon farmer made €1880 (€2.31/kg);
- 665 kg LMX by a Clonberne farmer made €1410 (€2.12/kg).
- A pair 390 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €1120 (€2.87/kg);
- 380 kg by a Kilbannon farmer made €1050 (€2.76/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1240 (€2.73/kg);
- 470 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1340 (€2.85/kg);
- 475 kg LMX by a Claregalway farmer made €1620 (€3.41/kg);
- 520 kg LMX by a Kilbannon farmer made €1390 (€2.67/kg);
- 535 kg CH by a Newbridge farmer made €1310 (€2.45/kg);
- 635 kg CHX by a Newbridge farmer made €1600 (€2.52/kg).
- 395 kg AAX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1100 (€2.78/kg);
- A group of 3 CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1290 (€2.84/kg);
- 495 kg LMX by a Cymmer farmer made €1470 (€2.97/kg);
- 475 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1370 (€2.88/kg);
- A pair 877 kg CHX by a Cloonascragh farmer made €2560 (€2.92/kg);
- 3 CHX 788 kg by a Marley farmer made €2400 (€3.05/kg);
- 785 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €2100 (€2.68/kg);
- 5 LMX 736 kg by a Belclare farmer made €1910 (€2.60/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 277 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €940 (€3.39/kg);
- 325 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1080 (€3.32/kg);
- 385 kg CHX by a Woodquay farmer made €1200 (€3.12/kg);
- 380 kg CHX by a Cloghanshill farmer made €1180 (€3.11/kg);
- 385 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1150 (€2.99/kg);
- 415 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1260 (€3.04/kg);
- 420 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1260 (€3.00/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 330 kg CHX by a Woodquay farmer made €1040 (€3.15/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €840 (€2.80/kg);
- 335 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €930 (€2.78/kg);
- 330 kg LMX by a Headford farmer made €920 (€2.79/kg).
Annual Bullock Show and Sale – Prize winners
1: Dermott Duffy Memorial Cup: Best Continental Type Bullock
- 1st: Patrick Collins, Pollinore, Cummer, Co. Galway
- 2nd: William Kearins, Sylane West, Dunmore, Co. Galway
2: Pat Devane Memorial Cup: 3 Continental-Type Bullocks
- 1st: Eamonn Burke, Marley, Tuam, Co. Galway
- 2nd: Pat Egan, Castlelawn Heights, Menlo, Galway
3: Zurick Insurance: 2 Bullocks
- 1st: Pat Egan, Castlelawn Heights, Menlo, Galway
- 2nd: Bernie Concannon, Raheen, Caherlistrane, Galway
4: Jimmy Gleeson Memorial Cup: Best Non-Continental Type Bullock
- 1st: Patrick Steede, Ballaghbawn, Belclare, Galway
- 2nd: Oliver Brennan, Liosnien House, Liskeavy, Tuam, Galway
5: St. Jarlath’s Credit Union: Best Pen of 5 Bullocks
- 1st: Sean O Brien, Carheens, Belclare, Galway
Champion Bullock of the Show – Sponsored by Paul and Vincents
- Patrick Collins, Pollinore, Cummer, Co. Galway
Last week’s cattle sale
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].