Tuam Mart Report – Cattle Prices – 25-04-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “brisk” trade prevailed for cattle at Tuam Mart on 25-04-2022.
The mart manager reported that a “strong” trade persisted for cows, with a “hype” of both online and ringside activity, in particular, for heavy beef cows.
At Monday’s sale, cull cows sold for up to €2,190, while bullocks topped out at €1,720, heifers hit €1,850, weanling heifers climbed to €1,040 and weanling bulls soared to €900.
Tuam Mart 25-04-2022: Cull cow prices
- 755 kg AAX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €2140 (€2.76/kg);
- 620 kg LMX by a Ballyhaunis farmer made €1570 (€2.53/kg);
- 810 kg CH by a Lavally farmer made €2190 (€2.69/kg);
- 810 kg BAX by a Cummer farmer made €2190 (€2.70/kg);
- 540 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1490 (€2.76/kg).
- 375 kg LMX by a Woodquay farmer made €1070 (€2.85/kg);
- A pair 452 kg AAX by a Kilconly farmer made €1270 (€2.81/kg);
- A pair 487 kg AAX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1290 (€2.65/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Sylane farmer made €1400 (€2.77/kg);
- 545 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1610 (€2.95/kg);
- 565 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1650 (€2.92/kg);
- A pair 600 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1720 (€2.87/kg).
- 365 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1120 (€3.07/kg);
- 390 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1120 (€2.87/kg);
- 450 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1360 (€3.02/kg);
- A pair 460 kg AAX by a Glan farmer made €1260 (€2.74/kg);
- 445 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1260 (€2.83/kg);
- 530 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1520 (€2.87/kg);
- 610 kg SIX by a Dunmore farmer made €1590 (€2.61/kg);
- 680 kg AAX by a Sylane farmer made €1850 (€2.72/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 325 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €940 (€2.89/kg);
- 300 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €840 (€2.80/kg);
- 275 kg LMX by a Milltown farmer made €810 (€2.95/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Lavally Farmer made €900 (€2.86/kg);
- 300 kg LMX by a Jackson farmer made €900 (€3.00/kg);
- 235 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €770 (€3.28/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 335 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €970 (€2.90/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1040 (€2.97/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €980 (€3.21/kg);
- 235 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €690 (€2.94/kg).
Last week’s cattle sales:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Cattle and sheep sales:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Saturday 30th: Show & Sale of Charolais Bulls: Ring 1 – Irish Charolais Cattle Society;
- Monday, May 2nd, 2022: Special bank holiday cattle sale.
- Monday, May 16th: General cattle sale and special sale of autumn born weanlings.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]