Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 24-04-2023
According to Marion Devane, a “steady” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart, Co Galway, on Monday, April 24th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €2,220, while heifers topped out at €2,070, and bullocks peaked at €2,060.
Meanwhile, in the weanling ring at Monday’s sale, bulls made up to €1,490, and heifers followed at €1,130.
Tuam Mart 24-04-2023
Cull cow prices:
- 750 kg BAX by a Moylough farmer made €2150 (€2.87/kg);
- 730 kg AU by a Cloonmore farmer made €2070 (€2.84/kg);
- 805 kg SIX by a Cloonaglasha farmer made €2220 (€2.76/kg);
- 605 kg LMX by a Lackagh farmer made €1660 (€2.74/kg);
- 650 kg LMX by a Clough farmer made €1910 (€2.94/kg);
- 500 kg AUX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1550 (€3.10/kg);
- 705 kg BBX by a Sylane farmer made €1910 (€2.71/kg).
- 3 291 kg HEX by a Carnahoon farmer made €940 (€3.23/kg);
- A pair 435 kg LMX by a Cloonaglasha farmer made €1560 (€3.59/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by a Ballindine farmer made €1380 (€3.07/kg);
- 460 kg LMX by a Cloonfad farmer made €1580 (€3.43/kg);
- A pair 550 kg by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1750 (€3.18/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €1750 (€3.15/kg);
- 675 kg CHX by a Moyne farmer made €2000 (€2.96/kg);
- 615 kg CHX by a Moyne farmer made €2060 (€3.35/kg).
- 410 kg LMX by a Irishtiwn farmer made €1280 (€3.12/kg);
- 450 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1690 (€3.76/kg);
- 475 kg LMX by a Menlough farmer made €1470 (€3.13/kg);
- 480 kg CHX by a Hollymount farmer made €1580 (€3.29/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by an Annagh Hill farmer made €1550 (€3.07/kg);
- 625 kg CHX by a Knocknagur farmer made €2070 (€3.31/kg).
Weanling Bull prices:
- 5 AAX, CHX & LMX 288 kg by a Cloondroon farmer made €940 (€3.26/kg);
- 3 AAX 338 kg by a Milltown farmer made €1080 (€3.20/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €970 (€3.18/kg);
- 415 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1330 (€3.20/kg);
- 445 kg LMX by a Hillswood farmer made €1490 (€3.35/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 305 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €880 (€2.89/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1130 (€3.23/kg);
- A pair 290 LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €960 (€3.31/kg);
- 325 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1060 (€3.26/kg).
Last week’s cattle sale
According to Marion Devane, a “triumph” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s general cattle sale on Monday, April 17th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €2,640, while heifers topped out at €2,260, bullocks peaked at €2,470, weanling heifers changed hands for up to €1,260 and weanling bulls sold for up to €1,410.
Read more on this mart report.
Bank holiday cattle sale
All eyes are set on next week’s Bank holiday cattle sale, which takes place next Monday, May 1st, 2023, at 11 a.m.
The sale will include a special entry of 18 cows with calves at foot. Bookings & Enquiries to 093-24353.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.