Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 24-01-2022
According to Marion Devane, manager of Tuam Mart, an “exceptional” trade prevailed at its weekly cattle sale on Monday, January 24th, 2022.
The mart held its first opening cattle sale of 2022 on Monday, January 17th, 2022, which recorded a 99% clearance.
Tuam Mart 24-01-2022
Cull cow prices:
- 785 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €1780 (€2.27/kg);
- 695 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1570 (€2.26/kg);
- 730 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1680 (€2.30/kg);
- 740 kg BBX by Ballyglunin farmer made €1730 (€2.34/kg);
- 890 kg CHX by a Kilbannon farmer made €1980 (€2.22/kg).
According to Devane, a small selection of heifers met with a “superb” trade.
- A pair of 417 kg LMX by a Liskeavy farmer made €1020 (€2.45/kg);
- 490 kg CH by a Claregalway farmer made €1370 (€2.80/kg);
- 505 kg LMX by a Cregboy farmer made €1260 (€2.50/kg);
- 555 kg CHX by Ballinrobe farmer made €1400 (€2.52/kg);
- 590 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €1400 (€2.37/kg).
Furthermore, Devane reported that bullocks met with “strong” demand at Monday’s sale.
- 340 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €870 (€2.56/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Dangan farmer made €920 (€2.49/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1140 (€2.85/kg);
- 525 kg HEX by a Sylane farmer made €1410 (€2.69/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Moylough farmer made €1530 (€2.78/kg).
Devane described trade at its evening weanling sale as “powerful” with “large” buying activity from local farmers, northern buyers, and exporters.
“In response to the demand, we will hold a special Charolais and Limousin weanling sale on Monday, February 14th, 2022.”
“So, if you want to treat herself or himself on Valentine’s Day, we’ll have candles lighting on the tables in the canteen,” she laughed.
Weanling heifer prices:
- 315 kg CHX by a Corofin farmer made €940 (€2.98/kg);
- 260 kg LMX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €790 (€3.04/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €850 (€2.79/kg);
- 260 kg LMX by a Corofin farmer made €790 (€3.04/kg);
- 350 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1020 (€2.91/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €890 (€2.66/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 310 kg AAX by a Claregalway farmer made €880 (€2.84/kg);
- 305 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €960 (€3.15/kg);
- 275 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €880 (€3.20/kg);
- 300 kg CHX by a Milltown farmer made €860 (€2.87/kg);
- A pair of 317 kg CHX by a Kinvara farmer made €940 (€2.97/kg);
- 310 kg CHX by a Kinvara farmer made €920 (€2.97/kg).
Tuam Mart also hosted Norman Connolly’s sale of heifers and cow-heifers with calves at foot on Monday evening.
Concluding, Devane said: “The sale attracted buyers from all over the country with a number of heifers bought from County Cork to County Leitrim.”
“The top price paid on the night was for an in-calf Parthenaise-cross heifer which made €6300,” she concluded.
According to Connolly, his sale-topper, lot 852, is due on March 10th, 2022, to a Limousin stock bull.
She has a maternal value of €114 and is a half-bred Parthenaise female (a daughter of Vulain) with 25% BB blood, 16% LM blood, 6% FR influence and a further 3% HO blood.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Next month: Special evening weanling sale at 5:30 pm. Norman Connolly’s sale of in-calf heifers and heifers with calves at foot in ring 2 at 7 p.m.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – email@example.com